Recent Posts

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

freshGARLIC


Thought I would start out March with a little green...

Matt and I are suckers when it comes to using fresh garlic every chance we get. About a week and a half ago though, I noticed that we hadn't used it up fast enough and it was starting to bud. Having a wild hair, I decided to go ahead and plant a few of them...had no idea what I was doing...and didn't get around to researching it until tonight. Technically, they are growing too close together...so I will have to replant them later this week into a bigger pot...but otherwise, it sounds like a fairly easy plant to grow. Once it is matured, the stems/leaves will turn brown and die...which means it is time to harvest the garlic. It will have to hang upside down and dry out before use...but I am looking forward to the results.

0 comments: