Recent Posts

Friday, February 4, 2011

FOTOfriday - SOOC





This week's challenge was SOOC - Straight out of the Camera ... no editing. These are some pics I took the morning after the big snowstorm as the sun was working its way into the sky. It slightly melted some snow on my front porch...but with a temp of 8 degrees for the high...I wasn't expecting any of it to go anywhere.

Thank goodness that Groundhog didn't see his shadow...I am definitely ready for Spring to get here sooner rather than later...because I am ready to get outside!

For more FOTOfriday visit them HERE!

13 comments:

kbreints said...

Beautiful shots! LOVE the sun coming through the frost.... awesome.

Anne U said...

That last shot is so pretty.

{natalie pozniak} said...

Great shots! I love the last photo. Great Job!

Mrs. H said...

The sun after a snowstorm is like one of the most wonderful things in nature, lol. Way to make use of it - like that frost one! Great SOCC linkup.

withoutadornment said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the low lighting in all these shots!

Audrey @ TheDailyWyatt.blogspot.com said...

WOW these are stunning!

Anonymous said...

Great shots. I really love the 3rd one with the sun pentrating through the trees. Beautiful!

I too was thrilled that the Groundhog didn't see his shadow. Bring on Spring!

Amber said...

I am the above anon. For whatever reason it wouldn't let me enter my name and url. Love your shots.

Michelle said...

I can sense the crispness in the air and yet also the warmth of the sun! Such beautiful contrast between snow and sun! I also enjoy the shot with the frost. Such a neat perspective! It's amazing, sometimes, the wonderful things we can capture 'by chance'!

L. said...

These are so lovely; I especially like how you captured the golden light of the morning!

Kim said...

I really like that first image. i love the way the sun is peeking through the trees. It feels like morning. I can almost smell the brisk, cold air. Great job.

Jennifer said...

Those are just beautiful! I really love the last one. So pretty and delicate.

Ms. Pony said...

Lovely images! The sun through the ice is a really cool shot.