Recent Posts

Thursday, January 13, 2011

YOUcapture - Doorways


Photo Numero 1 - A shot of the doorway leading to Sydney's room. We hung the Christmas Lights up last month and I just can't bring myself to bring them down...I mean why should I...kids think lights are fun and interesting, and that is what I want her to remember...fun and interesting ways of seeing the world...taking a different perspective on things and not always going with the grain. We just transitioned her from her Crib into her Big Girl bed the week of Christmas and she is doing great...its such a strange feeling knowing that she isn't the 'baby' anymore that I remember bringing home almost 3 years ago.

Photo Numero 2 - A shot of Sydney standing in our front doorway watching the snow come down this past week. We got hit with our first major snowstorm of the season and for once it has been fun watching her eyes light up at the thought of playing in it! She had a wonderful time this week sledding with her Dad and exploring the fluffy white stuff!

For more DOORWAY interpretations...go here!

5 comments:

Deb said...

Cute shot of her looking out at the snow. Sounds like it's been a fun week!

Jenny H said...

The lights look so pretty hanging in her room. I'd keep them up, too!

Crystal said...

Love the lights! I used to hang up lights in my bedroom around christmas too. Good memories.

Carrie said...

I love that second shot - so cute! And Hooray for Christmas lights year round! ;-)

Elaine A. said...

Love these both. I'm a sucker for a good silhouette shot! :)