Recent Posts

Thursday, September 23, 2010

YOUcapture - FLOWERS

So...I started this week's challenge doing what most people would have done and took some typical shots of the last of the remaining flowers in my yard right now...




But after giving it some thought...I tried to put a twist on it. So I took a few pictures of flowers in different elements...and then just played with the editing until I liked it. This was a shot of the valence in above my kitchen window.


And these last two were pictures I took of some scrapbooking paper
I had on our bulletin board that had hibiscus on them...



For more interpretations of this week's YOUcapture challenge FLOWERS visit Beth's BLOG!

4 comments:

Jenny Esterbrook Photography said...

These are beautiful, love your interpretation-I also love your grasshopper shot from your previous post :)

Carrie said...

Fun interpretations! Also, do you know what those pink and white flowers are with the green bush? They are beautiful!

jess@notyouraveragemommy.com said...

These are lovely! I really love the fabric of your valence. I'm looking for a new one for my kitchen. Wondering if I can find one or if I should get creative and make one. Sorry random side note. I love your pics! :)

Candra Georgi said...

love the perspective of the first photo [angle]

I took some of sunflowers [dying] in Ohio because it's hard to find any more flowers around right now!

http://curiousgeorgi.blogspot.com/2010/09/lifecycle-of-sonflower.html