Recent Posts

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Reflections of 2009

In 2009 I...

  • Rang in the New Year @ home with Sydney.

  • Watched Obama's Inauguragtion with a BIG SMILE on my face!

  • Sat in on a BOOK CLUB meeting with my Mom, who discussed the reality of our experiences as we lived those years involved with the C.U.T. in Montana

  • Sat in the waiting room at St. Luke's while my Father-In-Law went through open heart surgery...he ended up needing a quadruple by-pass...and we are grateful he is with us still today thriving even more!

  • Traveled to Maui for my Brother's Wedding

  • Spent Valentine's Day on the Beach with my hubby and daughter

  • Got my First Tattoo...yes there will be more!

  • Assisted with my 3rd Flamin Hottie Auction Fundraiser

  • Assisted with the Be Our Guest SMNOF Fundraiser

  • Took a Self Defense Class - twice through T.A.K.E. Defense

  • Assisted with the First Annual S4N SMNOF Fundraiser

  • Celebrated Sydney's 1st Birthday

  • Celebrated Matt's 32nd Birthday

  • Celebrated my 29th Birthday...

  • Hosted the 1st Softball Tourney between Shawnee/Lenexa Fire & Police Departments

  • Assisted with a St. Jame's Golf Tournament

  • Helped oversee and participate in my 2nd Relay For Life as a Committee Member

  • Raised $1000+ dollars personally for Cancer Research.

  • Spent 1.5 Weeks in Colorado & Montana...saw my mountains again.

  • Shared a HUGE bottle of wine with a good friend as we came thru Colorado!

  • RELAXED on a porch staring at a crooked tree...not wanting to come home.
  • Threw Up on the side of 435 at the I-35 Interchange after drinking a little too much Sweet Tea Vodka...haven't had any since!
  • Resigned as a RFL Committee Member for 2010

  • Celebrated 6 Years of Marriage

  • Traveled to Erfurt for 10days thru the Sister City Exchange Program

  • Made some wonderful new international friends!

  • Got a wonderful history lesson while in Germany

  • Drank ALOT of good beer and ate ALOT of good food in Germany!

  • Saw the city my Grandfather journied to the U.S. from...

  • Went to my 7th Banff Mountain Film Festival in Lawrence

  • Assisted with my first PINK HEALS event...

  • Went to my first concert at the Sprint Center...DMB and it ROCKED!

  • Helped throw a few suprise parties for my girlfriends 30th B-Days!

  • Went to VEGAS with the girls in celebration of their 30th B-Days!

  • Read the TWILIGHT SAGA series in 10 days...

  • Spent a day down at the Cabin in Osceola w/the entire Epperson Clan

  • Celebrated Ten Years with Matt since we started dating...

  • Visited the Big Cedar Lodge with Matt

  • Went to the KU / MU Football Game at Arrowhead

  • Took a part-time job working from home

  • Traveled to Manhattan, KS to celebrate a friend's graduation

  • Assisted in the first Flamin Hottie Blood Drive to Benefit DBA

  • STILL didn't change this body...and REGRET it terribly.

  • Was told by my doctor to lose the weight before my next pregnancy.

  • Spent time on certain things when it should have been on myself

  • Spent Christmas Night with my entire family.

  • Watched my baby grow up before my very eyes...

  • Laughed

  • Cried

  • Had heart2heart talks

  • Struggled

  • Reconnected

  • Celebrated

  • Remembered

  • Procrastinated

  • Gave in at times, and gave up at times...

  • Admired

  • was Inspired

  • Made Friendships

  • Lost Friendships

  • was GRATEFUL and THANKFUL

I look at everything on this list and am constantly reminded as the days pass and I grow older that there are so many things to appreciate in life. I realize just how many opportunities have come my way that allow me to continue to help others, celebrate life, and just live in the here and now. There are so many others out there with so much less, and who struggle with things beyond what we can fathom. This list reminds me of just how good life continues to be to me, and I hope it will be good to you and yours in this new year as we all continue our journey forward.

Here's to Two.Thousand.and.Ten or Twenty.Ten

However you say it, just be thankful that it is here & that you have the chance to make it yours!

0 comments: