Recent Posts

Friday, June 19, 2009

209th Post on turning 29 in 2009...

So there seem to be ALOT of 9's this year on my Birthday...it is my 209th Post, and I turn 29 on the 19th of June 2009. Almost as many as when I turned 19 in 1999, but I don't know if I will ever have this many again and I just thought it was an interesting coincidence.

An unexpected card from my Mom & Dad this morning truly summed up something for me today as I celebrate my 29th Birthday and I thought I would share it with you. If any of you know me and the busy schedule I somehow manage to keep you'll understand why I took this to heart...and that even though I consume myself with certain things, I am always reminded to stop and smell the roses every chance I do get...or the orchids like Matt gave me today:

Today in the midst of your BUSY life,
May you have at least ONE moment
To Sit back and RELAX --

when you don't have to do anything
or be anywhere in particular...


May you have a moment to REFLECT
on the past year and all that you've
accomplished and to look FORWARD
to all that may be waiting
for you in the year ahead...

But mostly in that moment,
may you realize here and now
what a GIFT your life is --
not just to you, but to everyone
who knows you...

HERE IS MY MOMENT : As I reflect on this past year I am grateful and extremely thankful for so many things around me. I think we all take life for granted (especially me when I get too busy) and unfortunately wrap ourselves up in the little things that most of the time feel so insignificant later. I have realized more than anything that without the love, frustration, and support of the people I have surrounded myself with in my life, I would not have had even a fraction of the experiences, challenges, and adventures to share or the advice & wisdom to give. As I watch Sydney grow, continue to build a stronger relationship with Matt, and surround myself with friends and family I am always reminded of how lucky I am just to be me. To have such wonderful opportunities, chances to give back, and to always remind myself to live and love life to its fullest, even when you find yourself at odds with things! Because it can be cut short, and it flys by in the blink of an eye!

Thank you for all the heart-felt Birthday wishes today, and for continuing to be a part of my life! CARPE DIEM...

0 comments: