Recent Posts

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Reflections of 2008

In 2008 I . . .

  • Rang in the New Year bowling on the Wii at the Rogers house.
  • Grew another human being inside me...and carried it to every beat and kick.
  • Sneezed and peed my pants...all my pregnant friends will enjoy that one.
  • Learned what stretch marks really are...and that they will never completely go away.
  • Checked into the Hospital and was induced the day after Mother's Day.
  • Had an amazing pregnancy and gave birth to a beautiful daughter.
  • Fell in LOVE with my husband all over again just for being by my side.
  • Never knew I could fall in love with someone other than my husband...my daughter.
  • Became a mother and a parent.
  • Watched my youngest sibling walk the stage at his high school graduation.
  • Celebrated my Twenty-Eighth Birthday.
  • Raised $1000+ dollars for Cancer Research.
  • Helped oversee my first Relay for Life as a Committee Member.
  • Won the Terry Zahn Award for excellence in Communications and Marketing for Relay.
  • Said good-bye as my brother and sister-in-law moved to Montana.
  • Celebrated 5 Years of Marriage.
  • Joined the Shawnee Mission North Opportunity Fund Board as the Alumni Chair.
  • Watched my oldest Nephew start High School.
  • Helped oversee and attend my Ten Year High School Reunion.
  • Participated in finally electing what feels like my first real President.
  • Thanked my Husband for working so hard and paying off my school loan.
  • Welcomed over 20+ babies to Earth between family & friends.
  • Celebrated Nine Years of Total Togetherness with Matt since we started dating...
  • Finally felt comfortable and at peace admitting I don't believe in a Religion or a God.
  • Cried for no other reason than for being thankful I did not lose anyone this year.
  • Learned that I can no longer take care of everyone else without taking care of me first.
  • Learned that I have to ask for help if I really want it.
  • Felt ultimate peace whenever Sydney fell asleep in my arms.
  • Realized what true friends really are.
  • Did not take a true vacation...just short weekends here and there.
  • Missed the Mountains.
  • Came to terms with the fact that if I want to change this body, I HAVE to do it!
  • Managed to still stay up until 12:01 on New Year's Day 2009 to post this.

I am forever grateful for the opportunities life has given & still gives.
I wish you all nothing but the best in the coming year.
I hope that it brings you all happiness & the strength to achieve anything!

HAPPY NEW YEAR...WELCOME 2009!

0 comments: